Tuesday 23 October 2007

More Armour


Hi there,
I've updated the Rhino armour album (check the lynx!). I'm almost done with it now. I'll work on the templates and try to get them published soon, but it's all really up to the individual. I wanted my armour to be unique, and yet look like manufactured Mechanicus plating. The layout and linear design you choose could well be better than mine, and in you own opinion it probably will be.
I used 0.4" card all the way through this build and it served me well. I was easy to work and is soft and flexible. It files, scrapes and sands very well. All the rounded edges were a doddle really, just keep them even and you're okay. I nicked some of the rivets that are hidden by the plating and re-attached them around the door plate. This really beefed up the look of the armour and gave it a good Templar feel to it. The hindged doors were a mission, but well worth it in the end. The most fragile part of the build was definitely the cowlings, I was forced to re-glue them at least three times. Only once I had glued on the bases onto the cowlings did they strengthen up.
TIP: Brace the cowlings with a base early in the build, it'll save time and frustration. The base could also be placed inside the bottom of the cowling giving it a sunken look.
I'll keep adding as I work.
Cheers,
G

No comments: