Sunday 21 October 2007

Spaced Armour

Hi there, this is one of my newer projects.

A Warhammer 40K rhino that I'm preparing for my Black Templars. I wanted spaced armour, but wasn't going to fork out 14 quid for the Forge World parts. Not that I don't think they're great, but I have champagne taste on a beer salary.

Plasticard and sweat go a lot further. I really like the spaced armour as it looks more imposing than the reinforced armour. Especially on the Rhino the spaced armour gives it a slightly wider profile.

My biggest problem is having to be very neat with the work. Space Marine vehicles are serviced by the Adeptus Mechanicus and as a result you can only expect the very best work from them. This is not a jury-rigged set of plates like the Imperial Guard may be forced to use, but rather well-crafted and fit plates of armour from a template.

I have drawn up a plan which I am tweaking as small problems arise. i.e. the frontal plate overlap and it's narsty angles. I will post the completed template once I'm satisfied that it'll work properly.

New album of the Rhino Here:

No comments: