Thursday 19 February 2009

MK II.......WooooT!

Well, that's possibly thrown a massive spanner into the mechanika!!
MK II on the horizon. The biggst question for me, and a lot of folks on the PP Forum is: "Will we see any other Retribution before MK II is released?"
There is a general concensus that says that PP will still release the models in the 'old' format, with a new deck and extra models coming in early 2010. I sure as shinola hope so, since I'm holding out for them.
My car has gone and Died on me, and so until I am mobile again, I'm kinda stuck at the painting desk. My LGC is just too far to walk, and buses don't run past silly o' clock in the evening. (20 miles is a stiff amble at best!) So this means that there will be more going through the grist mill of my painting station. Luckily for me I am a compulsive figurine buyer, and have built up a nice little 'egg' of stock to paint my way through until I can get some more. Not that I couldn't order more from stores online, mind you, but the idea is to afford another car before the summer, if you know what I mean!!
And so I will start my 'Car-less painting challenge'
1. 2 x Steelheads (WM)
2. Capt. Victoria Haley (WM)
3. Xmas figurine 06 (WK)
4. 2 x Trenchers (WM)
5. Trencher Master Sgt. & Sharpshooter (WM)
6. Capt. Maxwell Finn (WM)
7. Cygnar Ironclad-Light Warjack (WM)
8. Cygnar Lancer- L W'jack (WM)
9. Cygnar Hunter- L W'jack (WM)
10. 'Steelhead' Ashlynn d'Elyse (WM)
11. Epic Magnus, The Warlord (WM)
12. Khador, Old Witch & Scrapjack (WM)

Webwraith is prolly going, "Where the F*$K is Lylyth man?"
I have a small stash of other models including:
Lylyth
Gammick Redhammer
Tomb Maiden
Cygnar Stormlancer
Trollblood Caber Thrower (tosser, he!)
Arwen, from Lord of the Rings
Brahyn, Lara Croft & a 2nd Xmas 06 fig from Freebooter mini's.
There's also a beautiful pirate captain vignette from Freebooter, a limited edition that's already sold out.
SO, we'll see how it comes along, but I'll keep ya posted.

The Focus of my attention for the next while!

For now it's still Miss Haley and the 'Frankencense' wise woman on the desk, with the Trenchers and Capt. Finn being prepped. I have an alternate First Mate Hawk in the Brake Fluid, so the stripping can begin...Ravel's Bolero please maestro!!
The Ironclad is a 'battlefield' recovery job, and is in bits in a prep tray at the mo'. Same with the Lancer and Hunter light 'jacks. I need to vary the paintwork as my Cygnar force is toned down, so I'll interspace it with other more vibrant models to keep myself sane.

Never Lick Your Brushes
see ya soon
G

No comments: