Saturday 21 February 2009

Steelhead Ashlynn


So here I begin with Ashlynn d'Elyse and a Blister of Steelheads. I would have been into them earlier, but was missing some parts in the blister pack. I had received an extra torso, but no right arm with Halberd, so I had to contact PP eurodesk and get them to send me the missing bits, only took six days, and I'm majorly impressed with them.
So...it was obvious that her poppet head had to go, and the saw made short work of that. I was able to get the head off intact and may use it at a later stage, but in the process I cut through her steam-stack at an angle and sheared off the top of the stack. I rebuilt it more like the painting that Matt Wilson did in NQ #19. I used the spiked tip off the Hunter Warjack's axe, which I cut off and then pinned and mounted on her stack. I then cut away (and saved) the tip of the spike and drilled the new hole in the top. Her Steelhead head had to be filed for a better fit from underneath, and I refined the edges to be narrower thus making the helmet look a little smaller. It's still early in the process, but she's coming together very nicely. All the mold lines are gone now, and it's just pinning and gluing left really. I will be sculpting a horse-hair plume for her helmet, this will help her to stand out more, and add a sense of movement to the figure that is mirrored by her arms and the folding of her 'skirt'.

No comments: